Special Mixed Media Training: The course may be presented in person for a 5 day marathon of information or it may be broken up into a live webinar for content and 2 full field days at the test house in Leadville.
Building Analyst Professional Certification Training Earn 35 BPI CEU’s
Hope for Homes’ Full Course Description
H4H’s BA course aligns with the professional standards set forth by the Building Performance Institute Building Analyst Testing Knowledge List related to the energy efficiency and performance of residential buildings. These standards focus on energy conservation measures and criteria while also focusing on the health and safety of the homeowner and the technician.
This course is designed to produce a comprehensive overview of building science for low rise single family homes and low rise multifamily buildings as well as prepare you for the BPI Building Analyst Online & Field exams. You may take the course, as well as your written and field exams at the same field location of the training.
Why Take This Course?
The BA certification provides the professional a foundation to understanding how residential buildings and their equipment function as a system.
For people with less experience – understanding how houses work – becoming more confident about caring for and improving a home.
For experienced folks – add new tools to the toolbox of anyone who already works with residential buildings; gain new perspective on interconnections of all the systems of the home, including the occupants; improved ability to prioritize energy-efficiency work in a job scope. Promote consistence in testing techniques and resources among raters which always benefit programs and homeowners.
This course will provide knowledge of building science as a basis in establishing healthy, safe, durable and efficient homes that is required achieve BPI Building Analyst Certification.
- Differentiate yourself in the weatherization/contracting field
- Gain the certification needed to participate in Xcel Energy and other local/federal rebate programs
- Get a job as a BPI certified professional Building Analyst
This course is geared toward professionals in residential energy efficiency, weatherization programs as well as remodeling and HVAC industries. Understanding a diversity of issues and they’re sources allows the professional to provide safe, healthy energy efficient solutions.
- General Contractors
- HERS Rater
- Auditor for utility low income program
- HVAC Technician or Installers
- Insulation professionals
- Sales personnel of energy products
- Home Inspectors
- Home Energy Professionals
- Weatherization professionals
- Anyone interested in a career in energy auditing
H4H’s Building Analyst class begins with the understanding of residential construction and its trends. The course teaches the candidate, when mechanical and combustion equipment are introduced, how they can significantly change the dynamics of the structure. At completion, the candidate should be able to analyze and make appropriate recommendations to reduce the overall energy while promoting a safe and healthy home.
(BPI Building Analyst Course – Table of Contents)
This course will provide knowledge of building science as a basis for establishing a healthy, safe, durable and energy efficient home that is required achieve BPI Building Analyst Certification.
- Building Science
- Buildings and Their Systems
- Testing and Data Collection
- Industry Standards
- Analyzing Collected Data
- Modeling and Work Scope
- Heavy focus on combustion safety testing procedures (Worst Case Depressurization)
- Pressure Diagnostic testing using the blowerdoor, pressure pan & manometer
- ASHRAE Ventilation analysis & recommended Strategies
- Indoor Air quality observation & testing
- Practice run-through of the field exam
- Review of H4H field script aid for Building Analyst Field Testing
Course Package Includes
- 6 1/2 days (3 hour) of classroom lecture
- This training utilizes a Learning Response System requiring the candidate to answer strategic questions throughout each section. The candidate will have an immediate accounting of the information that may need to be reviewed again. Also, the top score for each section will receive a prize!
- 2 days of field “hands on” in a “real” house (same as the available test house located in Leadville)
- Online & Field exams will take place October 30th
- Course Manual –
- Includes the presentation in outline form
- Standards 1100 & 1200
- Calibration and Equipment set up instructions
- Hope for Homes Building Analyst Field Script
- Exam costs are not included in course fee
H4H’s Building Analyst course prepares participants to earn the nationally recognized BPI Building Analyst Professional Credential.
The steps to becoming eligible for and successfully passing the BPI Building Analyst exams are:
- Step 1: It is strongly recommended to purchase the book Residential Energy, Krigger/Dorsi https://srmi.biz/product/bookstore/residential-energy/#.XOg2FvZFyhc
- Step 2: Pre-purchase the BPI BA training at https://hope4homes.net
- Step 2: 5 Day Live Training w/ Learning Response System program providing daily score of the comprehension test questions for each section completed–
- Extensive Math examples & Practice Test Questions at Colorado Mountain College, Leadville
- Field training (2 days) in Leadville at a private home
- Step 3: Exams (proctored online & Field)
- Online may be taken in the afternoon Friday 5/28 at 3pm)
- Field Exams must be scheduled with H4H. This discussion will take place in class.
- Step 4: Certification confirmation arrives 2 weeks, after successfully passing both the online and the field
- Course fee $1600
- Test Fees – Online $250
- Test Fees – Field $500
All payments must be made prior to class and all test dates