This online exam is for the BPI Core Certifications;
AC & Heat Pump
The exam is 2 hours and there are no prerequisites to take this exam.
Overview Example: Building Analyst
With the BPI Building Analyst certification, you will learn how to perform comprehensive, whole-home assessments, identify problems at their root cause, and prescribe and prioritize solutions based on building science. The Building Analyst certification verifies your knowledge, skills and abilities needed to conduct comprehensive building performance audits, including assessing whole-building ventilation, measuring airflow, combustion safety and testing/data collection.
Certification Scheme Handbook
Please read the Core Certification Scheme Handbook prior to taking the certification exams.
Steps to Get Building Analyst Certified
- Read the Certification Scheme Handbook , Field Guide , and Testing Knowledge List for the Building Analyst certification.
- Training (optional): BPI does not require training and is not affiliated with any training centers. However, individuals that complete training typically perform better on BPI exams. Most BPI Test Centers offer training.
- Take your Building Analyst Exams (online and field).
- Test Scores: After taking the online exam at the BPI Test Center, you will see your exam score on the screen. For the field exam, you should see your results in your candidate account within 2-4 weeks.
- Certification: If successful, you will receive your certification in the mail.