Field exam: The field exam is a hands-on exam with gated items (below) that must be completed successfully to pass the exam, regardless of any other exam score.
- Candidate prepared combustible gas and CO measurement for use
- Candidate tested indoor ambient CO levels and compared results to current version of ANSI/BPI-1200
- Candidate tested indoor ambient air and verbally confirmed that combustible gases are below 10% of LEL on each floor
- Candidate monitored and stated ambient CO levels measured in the CAZ during entire combustion safety testing
- Candidate set combustion appliance to pilot or standby
- Prerequisites required: Candidates must meet certain education and experience prerequisites prior to taking the online and/or field certification exams. Please read the Prerequisites document for Energy Auditor certification.
- Fill out all information requested in the application, and gather supporting documentation verifying you meet the prerequisite criteria. Save and send your application via email, fax, or mail to BPI.
- Approval: BPI will notify you of your approval status via email. Please note: The Energy Auditor Certification has been updated as of 3/1/2019. Anyone who would like to challenge the new EA exam(s), must apply and receive BPI approval prior to scheduling, even if they had approval to take the old EA exam(s).