Steps to becoming Energy Auditor Certified
- Prerequisites required: Candidates must meet certain education and experience prerequisites prior to taking the online and/or field certification exams. Please read the Prerequisites document for Energy Auditor certification.
- Fill out all information requested in the application, and gather supporting documentation verifying you meet the prerequisite criteria. Save and send your application via email, fax, or mail to BPI.
- Approval: BPI will notify you of your approval status via email. Please note: The Energy Auditor Certification has been updated as of 3/1/2019. Anyone who would like to challenge the new EA exam(s), must apply and receive BPI approval prior to scheduling, even if they had approval to take the old EA exam(s).
- Training (optional): BPI does not require training and is not affiliated with any training centers. However, individuals who complete training typically perform better on BPI exams. Most BPI Test Centers offer training.
- Exam Scores: You can log in to your candidate account to see your scores. Online scores are available immediately following the completion of your exam and field exams can take up to 5 business days for proctors to add results to your account.
- Certification: If successful, you will receive your certification in the mail within 30 days of testing.
Online exam: 100 multiple choice questions
Time limit: 2 hours